The main intent of this course is to familiarize practitioners with applications of GIS within asset management. This course will provide practicing professionals within utilities the knowledge necessary to capitalize on the efficiencies of using GIS in infrastructure management applications. General GIS and asset management concepts will be covered throughout this introductory course that can assist practitioners in making decisions on the best‐suited applications for their respective utility or infrastructure network.
- Discuss concepts for the asset management vs managing assets
- Develop a general technical and managerial understanding of GIS and its application to asset management.
- Gain an understanding of workflows for collecting and processing asset data.
- Gain an awareness of the opportunities where GIS can improve asset management operations.
Who Should Attend?
- GIS analysts
- GIS technicians
- Operations Managers & supervisors