This year’s Seminar invites the participation of professionals from a broad cross section of the Occupational Health & Safety Industry, Disaster Management Professionals and other practitioners critical to the advances in these industries throughout the region. As an entity dedicated to servicing the needs of our members, we aim to advocate for the importance of a safety culture as well as one of preparedness. The theme for this year's Seminar is:
What’s Next for OSH- Reflection. Introspection. Vision
Set in lovely Kingston, the capital of Jamaica at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, this year promises to be highly engaging. Topics down for discussion include:
- New and Emerging Occupational Safety & Health Issues: Implications and Challenges for the Utility
- How are employers preparing for and responding to the changing demographics of their workforces?
- Are safety programs being offered in a way to utilize technological advancement?
- Literacy levels in the workforce
- What will your safety program look like in 2030?
- The Elephant in the Room: The Issues of Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities
- Workplace Bullying
- Drug and Alcohol abuse
- Quantitative and qualitative indicators - monitoring and evaluation;
- Coping with post disaster trauma: Institutional preparedness and response
- Safety in Disaster Restoration: Utility imperatives
- Coping with Loss
- Effectively communicating the business value of safety
- Benchmarking and measuring safety performance improvement over time
Sunday 11th March 2018 to Friday 16th March 2018 , 8:30am to 5:00pm
Information to be updated as it becomes available.
You will be staying at the .......
81 Knutsford Boulevard
New Kingston Jamaica
You can make reservations by filling out this form Reservations Form and return by fax number 876 929 0593 or Email
Room Rate Information:
Deluxe Room US$242.23 Single Occupancy and is inclusive of breakfast and taxes
Deluxe Room US$267.53 Double Occupancy and is inclusive of breakfast and taxes
Deluxe Room US$292.83 Double Occupancy and is inclusive of breakfast and taxes
All rates are inclusive of 16.5% government consumption tax, service charge - 10%, Energy Surcharge - US$8 and Special Room tax US$4
This room rate and availability is only guaranteed until March 1st, 2018
All delegates must make reservations directly with the Hotel. We recommend that callers identify themselves as being with the CARILEC group for ease of booking.